So after my last 2 posts on how much my make up costs and also the storage I use for my overstock of toiletries, I have come to the conclusion that I have too much of everything! Therefore I have decided to take part in the "No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in 2012 Challenge". I saw this on a Money Saving forum and I thought that I should really do the same, especially as its soon going to be a New Year and I have so much stuff to use up!
I have a very bad habit of buying new products before I have finished one. And therefore I keep buying more and more and now my cupboard is full of stuff that I have collected over time. Aswell as buying stuff I also have won alot of health and beauty products so these have also added to the pile.
Here's the aim:
"No buying any new toiletries, cosmetics, perfume etc until I have used up all the ones I already have."
And here's some helpful tips from the forum:
- Do a stock-take and see if there are any gaps in your stash that you might need to spend on this month
- Set a budget for the month for essential purchases or to help with withdrawal symptoms
- List everything so you can cross things off as they are used to increase the sense of achievement
- Put a sum of money in a pot each time you use up an item to save for something you really want
- Remember the challenge is about making the most of your money, enjoying your products, finding which products really suit you best and are worth buying, giving yourself a well-deserved pampering and breaking the habit of buying for the sake of buying.
- It helps to avoid the places where temptation lurks: Boots, Bodyshop, the supermarket toiletries aisles, seductive department store beauty counter offers etc.
- Remember retailers make offers and promotions all the time, so there willl always be another deal!
Anyone else want to take part with me? :)
Twitter / Facebook