Hello lovely readers and followers! I just wanted to let you know about a few updates and changes that I've made to my blog. I have been meaning to do a bit of a professional overhaul for a while now, and yesterday I spent my evening fixing it all up a bit. I felt that after 2 years of being hosted on blogger and having a blogger url I should now have a more professional approach and website look. So after spending hours learning about html, meta tags, domains and urls, I have updated the following:
- The biggest change is.. I have a custom domain url! My blog can now be easily accessed via www.victorias-vintage.co.uk which took a while to set up but it's sorted now. I think this makes my blog seem much more professional.
- I have added Meta Tags to my blog html. This means that hopefully I will get a bit more traffic from search engines and people can find me more easily when making relevant searches.
- I have updated my title and description. Now in your web browser it will say 'Victoria's Vintage - Fahsion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog' rather than Victorias Vintage. I think that this will make new visitors more aware of what my page is about when they land here.
- The tabs at the top of my page have now all been updated a bit, with more relevant information, links and photos.
- I removed the blogger navbar at the top of the page, now it looks like a regular website, and not hosted by blogger!
- My 'other' links are now also listed in my sidebar in a consistant format.
- My photo posts now have their own label so they can be easily found.
- I've also learnt how to make gif images... oooh flashy!
So while I'm in the improving zone, I would love to know your thoughts on my blog, and what you like, or even dislike. Please leave a little vote here, and feel free to leave me a comment too!
Twitter / Facebook