So, these are a little bit messy, but I still wanted to show you my cupcake nails! I did these especially for National Cupcake Week, and because I’m going to the Cake and Bake show. And they’re just a little bit of fun 🙂 I also got to experiment with my new nail art brushes! So here’s a mini tutorial on how I did my cupcake nails.
1. Give your nails two coats of the ‘cupcake case’ colour.
2. Using a small nail art brush, paint on the white wavey icing.
3. Using a fine nail art brush, draw some lines onto the cupcake case using a darker shade.
4. Draw on a tiny heart or cherry dot using a very fine nail art brush in a pink or red colour.
5. Cover the top half of your nail in glitter sprinkles! You can then coat with a clear polish to finish. Easy!
I painted only my ring finger and thumb with cupcakes as I didn’t want to go OTT! And it takes a very steady hand which I don’t have. I used the following nail polished to get this look:
Ciate Holiday Blues, Revlon Blue Lagoon, NYC Pinstripe White, Chit Chat Glitter, NailGirls Coral Pink
I used these photos as inspiration. Most of them seem to have done theirs upside down compared to mine.
These are the nail art brushes I used for this nail look. I bought the set of 6 for £1 or so from eBay, from a Chinese seller. They took a few weeks to get here, but they were worth it. It even comes with a dotting tool! And they’re so easy to use.
Do you like my cupcake nails?