Job Interview OOTD + FOTD ♥

So, as some of you may know from my Twitter, I have been made redundant from the cake shop I work at as of next week. Hard times! Coincidentally, I had a graduate interview the day after I found this out with a big company in my town. Unfortunately I didn’t get the job, as I have zero experience in the field, but it’s all good practice for me! Applying for graduate grown up jobs is really boring but I hope to find something suitable soon!
Anyway here’s what I wore to the interview. I look uber frumpy but ho-hum I had nothing anymore more suitable! I wore my specs too to look super sophisticated, and of course a black blazer on top so I wasn’t flashing my arm flesh. Also taking photos in winter time means having to have the light in my room on, leading to a nice yellow/orange skin tint.. nice

Dress: Forever 21 | Belt: Primark | Shoes: Dorothy Perkins
And here’s a big close up of my face! haha.. scary. I wanted to show you my new Revlon Just Bitten lip stain in Romantic.. I’m in love! Also I’m on an eyebrow and eyelash growing mission.. no more plucking and pulling!

What do you wear to interviews?

1. October 29, 2012 / 1:37 pm

very sophisticated 🙂
    I need a dress like this in my wardrobe.
    I hope you find something soon.

Fingers crossed ey,

2. October 29, 2012 / 1:44 pm

Fingers crossed you find a dream job soon 🙂 Also, you don't look frumpy – you look like a right business women! xo

3. October 29, 2012 / 1:45 pm

The lip stain looks amazing on your skin tone!
    Im sorry to hear about your job lovely – i hope something else comes up very soon 🙂 fingers crossed for you xx

4. October 29, 2012 / 3:55 pm

I think you look lovely! I bought my last two interview dresses from F&F at Tesco. They were so cheap but they are so sophisticated and the perfect length for job interviews! Love the colour of your lippy.

Good luck for your future interviews petal. xo
    Megan Jane // Seek My Scribbles

5. October 29, 2012 / 5:10 pm

Your outfit looks fab!
    If they interviewed you for the job they must have thought you were suitable for it. Did you get feedback from it? Make sure that you do! Also before going to anymore job interviews make sure you read through the STAR interview technique (http://www.interview-skills.co.uk/competency-based-interviews-STAR.aspx) which will help you to get through answers. Good luck if you need any help then feel free to tweet me! 🙂
    Good luck.

6. October 29, 2012 / 5:52 pm

I think you look great! Shame you didn't get the job, but good luck with all your other interviews 🙂

Sophierosehearts x

7. October 29, 2012 / 7:39 pm

That lip stain is amazing on you! And you don't look frumpy at all, I usually just wear a blazer, blouse/skirt or trouser combo! Sorry to hear about your work situation, although I'm sure you will find something soon xx

misskirstymarie.blogspot.co.uk

8. October 29, 2012 / 9:10 pm

you look lovely. So sorry to hear you're being made redundant and I hope you manage to find another job sooner rather than later. x

9. October 29, 2012 / 10:54 pm

You look absolutely gorgeous x

10. October 30, 2012 / 12:26 am

Good luck with the job hunt! Based on the photos you have posted you should open up your own bakery! 🙂