Retro Kitchen Appliances ♥

I would do pretty much anything to be able to play house with a handsome young man. However, my desperation fails me haha, therefore I have to live at home with dearest Mum and Dad. But whilst living at home, I have been storing up a bunch of stuff for when I eventually flee the nest! Is 23 too old to still be living at home?!
Anyway, recently I was offered a product to review from Appliances Direct, and I decided to pick a kettle and toaster set that I would like in my make-believe kitchen. Our toaster actually broke recently, so I thought it was a good opportunity to get a new attractive one! If I left it to Mum, she would have picked a cheap nasty plasticy one, so I picked this stylish toaster and kettle set by Swan. Here’s some snazzy photos of me making myself some breakfast, Scotch pancakes and hot chocolate!
Retro Kitchen Appliances ♥
Retro Kitchen Appliances ♥
Kitchen appliances may not be the most exciting thing to buy, but I’m a bit sad in the fact that I like everything to be as pretty as possible. Boring black/white things don’t inspire me, and if I’m having to see and use something everyday, I want it to look nice. As far as kettles and toasters go, these are certainly the nicest I’ve seen. I really like the retro styling of this set, and the almond creamy colour with stainless steel makes them stand out from regular kitchen electricals. And when I have my own dreamy kitchen, they will both match wonderfully with my cream country cottage theme 😉 They both look really neat, which I think is kind of important seeing as they have to sit out on the kitchen counter and can’t be hidden away. I find some kitchen gadgets can be a bit of an eyesore, but these are certainly nice enough to sit out on the side.

Retro Kitchen Appliances ♥
Retro Kitchen Appliances ♥
Since our last toaster broke after only 13 months (which annoyed Mum as the warranty was for 12 months), the British Swan branded appliances come with a two year warranty. The quality of the set is really good, they’re nice and sturdy, and they do what it says on the tin. The set of two come in at just under £52 at Appliances Direct, which is a 50% reduction on the RRP.

Retro Kitchen Appliances ♥

1. August 20, 2013 / 6:27 pm

Love love appliances! I'm so obsessed with the idea of living on my own too. Currently looking to move out with my cousin and I can't wait to purchase kitchen bits!

Nicky
    zeeblikesit.blogspot.com
    xx

2. August 20, 2013 / 6:36 pm

These are so cute!

3. August 20, 2013 / 7:32 pm

Nope, 23 is not too old to be living at home still with your parents! I'm 26 and have recently moved back home so I can go back to being a full time student. My advice would be to live at home for as long as you can; there's plenty of time to live in your own home, pay bills and not have any spare money!

Laura x

4. August 20, 2013 / 9:27 pm

I absolutely love the colour and style, so pretty! xx

5. August 21, 2013 / 5:05 am

Ooooh lovely Emma Bridgewater mug – my favourite! The kettle and toaster are lovely too of course, I love retro-esque appliances, but if I had these I fear I would need the SMEG Fridge Freezer to match and that I definitely cannot afford! xx

6. August 21, 2013 / 6:22 am

Oh dear, it's not too old at all. I don't think there should be a specific age when you have to move out. As long as you enjoy your time with your parents, stay with them ^-^. Like Laura said, there's plenty of time to live in your own home and deal with all the trouble it sometimes brings.

7. August 21, 2013 / 7:58 am

Love the look of those, the hearts are lovely.

Can you do me a favour? I am wondering if Bloglovin is showing my posts as I cannot seem to find the most recent one the outfit post can you look on Bloglovin and see if you can see it? I wonder why its doing this!! x

8. August 21, 2013 / 7:11 pm

These are lovely. I'm hoping my kettle will break soon as I've been on at Spencer to get a pretty new one for ages. He will not let me get a new one until the existing one breaks. Men.
    23 certainly isn't too old to still be at home, make the most of it, once you get your own place you'll be wondering what you did with all your money! x

9. October 12, 2018 / 11:50 am

I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative.. Mattress Sale