As I’m sure most of you who follow me will know, I am an avid competition winner! I get a lot of people asking me how I manage to win so many things, big and small. Well it is not an easy task, but I am going to give you all my top tips 🙂
I have been entering online competitions since March 2010 and have won over £2500+ in prizes. It is something I recommended everyone should take part in, so you should give it a go because you have to be in it to win it!
- Time – ‘Comping’ takes time. You have to have a lot of spare time to find the competitions, enter them, and then wait for the prizes to start coming. I would reccommend putting aside 30mins or an hour every day for entering competitions. In about an hour you could enter about 25 competitions. If you do this every week then you would have entered 175 comps! The more you enter the more chance you have of winning!
- Effort – You also need to put the effort in. Some competitions need more effort than others. I have won a few prizes from competitions where you have to upload your own photo of something, or do some hard research to find an answer to a question. But the good thing about those kind of comps is that fewer people enter them.. meaning theres more chance of you winning!
- Luck – Some people will say that you win things just down to luck. This may be true but you really do need to put the time and effort into it aswell. You won’t win every competition going through luck alone.
- Form Fillers – Usually when entering prize draws you will have to fill out a lot of information such as your name, address, etc. This can take a very long time to keep typing! Therefore if you haven’t already, change your internet browser settings so that it saves your ‘Form History’ so then you can just click each box and your details will show.
- Finding Competitions – I find my competitions in many different ways. My main ways are through Facebook, Twitter and via competition ‘prize finders‘. On my Facebook account, I join the fan pages of many different companies and organisations and they often run ‘giveaways’ or ‘sweepstakes’ where you have to be a fan or ‘like’ a photo to be in with a chance of winning. This is an easy way to win as there can be few entrants, however the prizes are usually small. I recommend joining the Competition Club Facebook page, which often gives updates on all the available FB comps. I also use prize finder websites which is basically a mass list of all open competitions in the UK. Other ways of finding comps is through websites of magazines, TV channels, and company sites. Keep an eye out for them as they can be anywhere!
- Junk Mail – Through entering prize draws you and usually agreeing to give the company all of your personal details which sometimes means that they will pass them on to other companies, or they will send you (junk) mail. This can be via phone calls, texts, emails or post mail. Therefore I have a secondary email account which I use for comping only, and I usually dont provide my real telephone number. I have recieved very few bits of postal junk as I guess its too expensive for companies to use anymore! Use a free email service such as hotmail to set up a new account, and then use this email whenever you sign up for competitions. You will recieve a lot of junk mail! But keep an eye open for any ‘Congratulations!’ emails! You dont want to delete those 🙂
- Fake Competitions – When people start out comping they often enter any competition they find. However you should always be aware of where you are entering your details. Websites I think that you should never enter your details into are ones where they advertise lots of compeitions and want you to answer surveys etc directly on that site. For example, I do NOT recommend these types of sites: Win 4 Now, UK-PrizeDraw, Prize4U, Prizes.UK, InstantPrizeDraw and FindAPrize.
- Keep a log – When you start winning things its nice to keep a log of what you have won and how much its worth. Even with little freebies such as cosmetics and hair care products its nice at the end of your first year to add up how much you got 🙂 Every win should encourage you to keep entering as many as possible. Also, its always polite to thank the competition runner for your prize once you have recieved it 🙂 Manners and prizes cost nothing 😀
I think thats about it for now 🙂 If I think of anything else I will add it on here 😀
Good Luck!! xx