My Perfume Collection – New + Favourites ♥

I love perfume! Ever since I got a Christmas temp job working on fragrance in Superdrug, I suddenly had a huge interest in it. The next year I went on to work in Boots, and then had another fragrance assistant job in Debenhams last year. Over this time, I think I have learnt so much about perfume, and I bet I could pretty much name all the different scents in Debenhams blindfolded!
I’ve discovered which ones I love, and which ones I hate. When I had my staff discount I bought quite a few bottles of my favourites. They were bargains on blue cross sale day, as they already had 10% off and then I got an extra 20% off!
So here is my latest purchase, and my ultimate favourite; Jimmy Choo. My sister kindly bought me the eau de toilette for my birthday which is great for everyday wear. I then also decided to buy the heavier eau de parfum 60ml (RRP £50) from Tesco using my Clubcard vouchers (if you don’t have a clubcard, get one!). When I first tested this perfume at work, I wasn’t a fan of it. But over time, I became in love! I would spray myself in it everday.
It has a very feminine scent, fruity with warm, rich, woody depths. It also contains base notes of sweet toffee, and orange mandarin. Overall it’s just very fresh, but not in a ‘shower gel’ type of way. And I also love the design of the bottle, it looks luxurious and girly!

The photo below shows my collection of perfumes. Some of them are pretty old! My favourites are Ghost Original, Nina by Nina Ricci, Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs, and Deep Red by Hugo Boss. Ghost is very cheap, but I love the smell, and it’s great for everyday use. Nina is nice and sweet and girly, and Eau so Fresh is a gorgeous fresh floral scent. Deep Red is an old fragrance by Hugo Boss, and I bought this on special offer, half price for only £20 just after Christmas. It’s quite a deep musky smell, but still very feminine.

Back left row: Next Just Pink, Next Mizz N, Hugo Boss Pure Purple, Ghost Enchanted Bloom, Ghost Original x2, Hugo Boss Deep Red, Marc Jacobs Eau so Fresh, Jimmy Choo.
Middle Row: Burberry London Original, Next One Spirit, Soap and Glory Original, Ghost Deep Night, Jimmy Choo.
Front Row: Ghost Deep Night mini, DKNY Be Delicious, Nina by Nina Ricci, Ralph by Ralph Lauren.
And here is my perfume sample collection! I got most of these from when I worked at Debenhams as a gift, but some of them are freebies from online. They are great for keeping in your handbag, or taking travelling. I seem to have a lot of Daisy and Eau so Fresh! Also a few Vera Wangs, but they’re all a little bit too sweet for me.
I love the Original Daisy, and another perfume I would love to own is Lady Million by Paco Rabanne. Other than that, I’m very content with my perfume collection currently!
What’s your favourite perfume? Have you tried Jimmy Choo?

1. August 19, 2012 / 11:28 am

Wow what a collection! I too love perfume, my favourite is Daisy by Marc Jacobs. I have yet to try Jimmy Choo- and you have made me lot more eager!

Ps. I was out yesterday and had a quick look in More magazine and and saw your feature. It looks amazing! xx

2. August 19, 2012 / 11:58 am

It's good that you know what you like. I love perfume and my favourites are Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and Chanel number 5 premiere. Both are classic and feminine and just lovely. I also like Rose by Paul Smith…it's a cheapy but very nice.

Lexie

3. August 19, 2012 / 12:32 pm

Ahh you have so many! I used to use ghost religiously, but over the past few years I've been a YSL Elle girl. I have always had one perfume only that I seem to stick to for ages x
    Island Girl Insights ♥

4. August 19, 2012 / 1:06 pm

great collection, i really want to try jimmy choo 🙂

5. August 19, 2012 / 1:22 pm

I love Jimmy Choo, one of my favourites. Also love Tom Ford Santal Blush x

6. August 19, 2012 / 2:44 pm

Great post, you've recommended some awsome perfumes and that is a crazy amount of samples.

7. August 19, 2012 / 2:54 pm

Oh gosh, perfume is my weakness, I love Ghost – deep night too, no-one else seems to ever know it! My favourite at the moment is Gucci Flora I think. I also really like Paco Rabanne Black XS, Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue and Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, eek I really want to buy some perfume now.

misskirstymarie.blogspot.co.uk

8. August 19, 2012 / 3:00 pm

OH MY LORDY. Haha im so boring i only have one perfume at a time, do you have enough samples there? 😛

sophierosehearts x

9. August 19, 2012 / 3:40 pm

What a fab collection! I have loads of samples too! Although I only have 3 full-size bottles 🙁 xo

10. August 19, 2012 / 5:06 pm

I've not really ventured much past DKNY and Ghost Original, because they smell heavenly! I really want to try the Jimmy Choo scents, I probably just can't afford them, I'm saving up for one of the 50ml DKNY scents xx

11. August 19, 2012 / 8:43 pm

Perfume addict! I've never seen so many samples! Really like the bottles the Jimmy Choo perfume is in. I used to use the Ralph by Ralph Lauren (I see you have that!) and I wore it so much I went completely off it but love the smell on other people.
    My current perfumes are D&G Light Blue and DKNY Be delicious Summer blossom (the pink one!)

12. August 23, 2012 / 2:41 pm

I dont like collecting perfumes as they have 2 years shelf waiting time. But I use 2-3 perfumes at a time. These days my perfumes are; marc jacobs -gaisy, gucci 2 and chloé love. I also love l'occitane's perfumes too =)
    I don'T know the smell of jimmy choo but will try at the nearest sephora.

13. June 22, 2013 / 10:50 am

Awesome Perfumes . I love wearing perfumes 🙂 Its really awesome to express personality…