Hello! I hope you all had an exciting New Years Eve and a lazy New Years Day (I did!). Today I wanted to do a post on my New Years resolutions for 2013. 2012 was a pretty mediocre year for me. Not a lot really happened, but nothing bad happened either. I worked a job I liked for the majority of the year, met some amazing new bloggers, went to some fab events, but overall that is about it! Which is good I suppose as it’s better than having a crappy year where everything goes wrong! But I have some high hopes for 2013 🙂 Here are a few of my resolutions:
1. Find a full time job in an industry I’m interested in – I’m keen to start a real career this year in an industry that I’m passionate about such as beauty or travel. Doing my blog has inspired me to persue a career in marketing/PR/digital media and this is something I’m looking to find. I want to put my business management degree that I gained in 2011 to good use finally! My degree was tourism orientated so I will also be taking a look at what travel jobs I might be qualified for.
2. Launch my own business – I’ve already started a base for my Victoria’s Vintage Cakes business. I’ve created my Facebook page, website, leaftlets and business cards. Now I just need to distribute and advertise these to get the word out there! I’m starting my cake decorating course in 2 weeks which I’m thrilled about to learn new skills!
3. Go on holiday – I really, really want to visit Cyprus with my boyfriend. We haven’t been abroad together for a couple of years and I’d love to go to Cyprus! I’ve never been but Liam used to live there so he can show me around 🙂 But I’m not sure how likely this resolution is as he’s joining the Army so he might not have the time off.
4. Save up – I want to save up my money as best as possible. I’m not exactly a spend thrift and rarely buy anything more than £10, but all these little things I buy add up! And I really want to buy a proper food mixer this year!
5. Meet new people – I’ve loved meeting so many new bloggers this year and I hope 2013 brings me lots more meets with old and new faces 🙂
6. Competitions – I want to continue to enter competitions regularly for things I want to win, and this year the main things I want to aim for are: an iPad, a new mobile, a DSLR camera, a Kitchenaid mixer, and a holiday! Fingers crossed!
7. Be more creative – I feel like I was really creative at the beginning of 2012 and then I just kind of stopped doing DIY stuff and renovating items. I really enjoy doing this type of thing as a hobby so I hope to restart it in 2013 🙂
8. Thrift Shopping – On the previous notes of saving money and being creative, I want to spend more of my time shopping in second hand shops, antique stores, and car boot sales. I usually do my thrift shopping at carboot sales from about April onwards, and I love it! I love picking up old items and giving them a new life. Shopping for antiques and vintage items is a really fun thing to do because no two items are the same and you see new things everything you go!
9. Lose weight –
I’ve put this last because I feel that I’m more likely to win an iPad than stop being so gross looking. But, alas, everyone wants to lose weight for New Years, but I know I won’t. I feel like I don’t eat bad meals (Mum homecooks everything), I don’t have desserts, I don’t snack, I don’t eat out often. The only thing is I can probably have smaller sized portions. But I refuse to be a miserable person eating salads when I wasn’t eating pizza and chips anyway! I love food, and I like eating what I bake, but they’re usually eaten by the rest of the family first. And I’m not one for going to the gym. So boo to this resolution.
So that’s about it! What are your New Years resolutions this year?