I wasn’t planning on going shopping today but when I woke up this morning and realised I have to go back to work tomorrow I decided to get up nice and early and head out. I chose not to go into the city centre shopping mall and instead I visited a few edge of town retail parks around Milton Keynes which were much nicer and quieter!
So yes… I am one of those people that goes out sale shopping on Boxing Day! And I don’t regret it at all. I didn’t get there until after 10am so I wasn’t one of the crazies waiting at the doors at 6am. I thought I’d do a round up post of the buys I’ve bought today on the high street and online too. There are some great bargains to be had and I got some really nice things!
Boxing Day Sales
- Laura Ashley – Up to 60% off online and in store. I bought this cute little glass water jug with a tumbler that sits on top. I will keep it next to my bed filled with water as I often get a tickly throat in the night and am desperate for a drink! I can’t find it online unfortunately but I picked mine up in store.
- Ann Summers – Up to half price – I ordered a couple of longline lacy bras with 50% off from their online sale and they offer free delivery on orders over £35 too!
- New Look – Up to 70% off – I often find New Look a bit hit and miss with their stuff in general and I can rarely ever find anything in their sale. But I was quick today and managed to get quite a few things from them! The store was a nightmare though so I didn’t even bother looking… I suggest looking online.
- H&M – Up to 60% off – I always order undies from H&M online because I find their multi-packs really good value. There are a few nice bits and pieces in their homeware sale and clothing, but there’s a lot of rubbish to scroll through! Top tip: If you sign up to their newsletter you can also get 25% off one item (even sale items!) plus free standard delivery!
- Boots – Up to 50% off – I love having a look at the Boots sale after Christmas as they reduce all of their Christmas gift sets by 50%. I restrained myself this year and just bought one thing. There were no beauty sets that caught my eye, although there were plenty of Soap and Glory sets left on the shelves this morning!
- Boohoo – Up to 70% off – Boohoo seem to always have a sale on but it’s often worth a look. I have ordered a couple of embroidered shirt dresses from them, although I actually ended up ordering from their eBay outlet store as the same items as their website were actually cheaper on eBay! They’re currently doing free delivery on all orders too!
- Matalan – Up to 50% off – I very rarely shop in Matalan but this morning I drove past one so thought I’d take a quick look. I ended up with armfuls of stuff I wanted but because they changing rooms were closed I restrained myself to just a couple of bits. They have some really nice things in at the moment and most of it half price!
- Primark – Sale on instore – On my shopping trip today I nipped into Primark and picked up a couple of bits from their ‘sale’. They mostly had the underwear and PJ’s reduced, along with lots and lots of footwear!
- Life & Looks – Up to 50% off – I hadn’t ever heard of this website before, but if you’re looking for beauty or fragrance items it’s worth a look. There are thousands of reviews of the company online so it’s all legit. I was looking for my favourite perfume in the sales but didn’t manage to find any great deals, but Life & Looks had 50% off the one I was searching for!
- Missguided – Up to 50% off – Missguided currently have 50% off all of their sale stock PLUS an additional 26% off for a limited time only. Delivery is only 99p and I ordered two embroidered skirts (you might have noticed a theme with embroidery…). I ordered this one and this one.
- Wilko – Up to 50% off – The online sale isn’t much to look at, but I would recommend taking a look in your local store. ALL of their Christmas chocolates are half price which means 50p Terrys choc oranges, £2 boxes of Lindors and very cheap selection boxes! Also take a look at their gift sets which are now all half price. I picked up two L’oreal sets which include a mascara and an eyeshadow for £4 each. The mascara alone is £10 in Boots!
- Poundland – 50% off – Yes.. Poundland have a Christmas sale and it’s actually quite good. All of their wrapping paper and decorations are now 50p each. I picked up some gift bags for next year, gift tags, and some cute decorations!
Laura Ashley Glass Tumbler Set (was £26, now £13) | Ann Summers Longline Bra (was £24, now £12) | Set of Lace Knickers (was £10, now £4) | Floral Embroidered Jumper (was £23, now £7) | Set of Microfibre Knickers (was £10, now £4) | Black Sequin Bag (was £10, now £4) | Floral Teaspoons (was £10, now £5) | Embroidered Shirt Dresses: Taylor & Rhiannon (were £20, now £15 each) | Floral Long Sleeved Top (was £13, now £4) | Denim Skirt (was £10, now £5) | Lace Bodysuit (was £20, now £6) | Ribbed Bodysuit (was £12, now £6 | La Roche-Posay Scrub (was £10, now £6.60) | Jimmy Choo Blossom Eau de Parfum (was £46, now £23) | Ceramic Woodland Creatures (50p each in Poundland!) | L’Oreal Smokey Eyes Make-Up Set (was £8, now £4)
Have you picked up anything in the Boxing Day sales?