Most Recent Winter Primark Shopping Buys ♥

I haven’t done a Primark shopping haul post in a long while! I used to go there frequently, but these days I only ever seem to leave the store with tights, socks, and the odd reduced item. I know they are a cheap store, but the quality isn’t great, and their prices are going up and up. So now sometimes I prefer to buy something from Matalan instead for the same price but much better quality (don’t slate Matalan!). I did buy my lovely winter coat from Primark for only £25 though, which gets plenty of compliments! So here are a few items that I’ve purchased lately from Primark.
My local Primark in Bedford is a 20 min drive away, and parking in the town is pretty horrendous. However, they’re opening up a Primark in Bletchley, Milton Keynes within the next 2 weeks! Rumour has it it will open on 2nd December, but we shall see. They’ve kept us waiting.. the city has NO Primark! I personally prefer shopping in Bletchley town now to Milton Keynes Centre:MK. I can travel freely between all the little retail parks, park for free, go to Asda, Matalan, Ikea, get petrol, park in the town and visit the charity shops, Home Bargains, Wilko, and Poundland. Perfect shopping destination for me! And now they’re building H&M and Primark, I literally have no reason to visit anywhere else! Anyway.. here’s what I bought:
I got this lovely navy blue and white polka dot dress in the sale for only £5, reduced from £12! It’s quite summery, but the fit of it is lovely. It has quite a high neck which makes it look very conservative and 50’s, and I love the flared skirt. It also came with a very skinny tan belt too. Bargain!
Nice and simple, I bought these cute navy blue slipper pumps for £6.
This bag was also a bargain! I have one trusty black clutch bag that I use for nights out, but it’s pretty old and battered now, and a little bit small. I’ve been looking for a new basic bag for a while, and I picked up this nice big one for only £4! It has lovely dark grey sequins all over it, and a wrist strap. It zips up at the top, and it has a phone pocket inside. I can get plenty of night time essentials in this, including flat shoes!

I have this skater skirt in black and bright blue also, but this week I saw that they also stocking it in burgundy! It’s kind of a purpley plum colour, but they’re great skirts and are only £6. They each come with a skinny belt too! They’re great for wearing in winter!
These cute panties we’re in the reduced section. The snowflake pair were only 50p, and the silky, lacey ones were £1 each, reduced from £3.
Whats your favourite city to shop in? Do you still shop at Primark as much now?

Most Recent Winter Primark Shopping Buys ♥

1. November 29, 2012 / 1:04 pm

What about Northampton? I like the shopping there 🙂

2. November 29, 2012 / 1:06 pm

Ilove Birmingham but it's quite a way to travel for me so bit of a rarity that I go. I feel like you, Primark prices are going up and the quality is poo at times. Although I do own an amazing pair of black hi leg boots which are serving me quite well at the moment. Great post xx

Tia

3. November 29, 2012 / 1:18 pm

I prefer Matalan to Primark. Bedford is a dump. I shall be home at Christmas so will probably have a shopping trip to MK 🙂

4. November 29, 2012 / 1:25 pm

I still like Primark, but you're right they are getting too expensive for the quality of the clothes lately 🙁

I picked up that burgandy skater skirt, unfortunately its a little short for me, I thought it would have been perfect for winter with some tights and boots!

Laura x

P.S Love your pretty new Christmas header 🙂 xx

• December 1, 2012 / 10:45 pm

Its a shame its so expensive 🙁 I prefer H&M now. Aww I love those skirts, they are a little short though!

Thanks 🙂 xx

5. November 29, 2012 / 1:38 pm

The knickers are fab! Definitely popping in soon, I'm in desperate need of a large clutch!

6. November 29, 2012 / 1:40 pm

I'm a Primark girl through and through and proud of it 😉 The London branches are amazing – it's all about picking the gems – I'm wearing a Primark dress I got on eBay 4 years ago which still looks brand new, but I did see a few things hanging in the Tottenham Ct Rd store with holes in recently 😮

Sam Muses xx

7. November 29, 2012 / 3:16 pm

Lovely haul hun 😀 I have to say I tend to look in Primark and turn my nose up at the prices, it's just gotten so expensive after the last year, however for the odd thing or in the sale it can be pretty barginous 🙂 x

8. November 29, 2012 / 4:36 pm

Oooh I love everything you bought! The polka dot dress has to be my favourite and the knickers are so cute! xx

9. November 29, 2012 / 6:25 pm

Gorgeous buys!
    Loving the new layout! 🙂

egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

10. November 29, 2012 / 9:19 pm

i haven't been to primark in so long, but that's only because i used to shop a lot more than i do now. i work so much now that i usually only wear my work uniform (black trousers, black shirt) or pjs 🙁

11. December 1, 2012 / 12:29 am

Ahh I saw someone on tv wear this, and thought it was mega cute. However I am not searching through Primark for it – 1) can't be arsed, 2) rubbish quality and 3) 9 times outta 10 their clothing never fits properly (on me) ! lol That aside, you have got some fab bargains though :).

• December 1, 2012 / 10:43 pm

Its a hassle searching, but the dress is a nice quality, quite thick! 🙂 xx