I just wanted to do a quick post to show you the chair that I now have in my dressing room. This wooden Welsh chair was my Mum’s but she let me repaint it because the wood was too dark to look nice anywhere. Now it’s been given a fresh new lease of life, and I think it looks lovely in it’s new home after it’s make over! The solid wood was hard to paint with a paintbrush, so my Dad airbrushed it with white paint after I gave it a good sanding down. I love white furniture because it…

View Post

So you’ve probably seen most of the room already as it’s been in my recent OOTD shots, but now it’s finally finished and I can show you it all! So here it is, after about 6 weeks of hard work from Dad (and me!) we’ve finally finished it! Everything in the room is brand new, so I’ll let you know where it’s all from under each photo 🙂  As you probably remember, I won a £1000 Laura Ashley voucher, and so far I’ve only spent about £100 of it! So I’ve still got quite a bit to spend. What I…

View Post

I’m so super excited to be showing you this blog post! The dressing room is so, so close to being finished, and as you can see, a lot has changed! If you need a reminder of what the room was like 6 weeks ago, check out these horrendous photos. The most noticeable difference is of course this beautiful Oriental Garden Duck Egg Floral Wallpaper that I bought from Laura Ashley. It was in the sale half price at only £15 per roll, and we only needed 2 rolls. I also bought 2 tins of matching duck egg blue paint from…

View Post

So here’s my latest DIY post for you. I made this little string of bunting a few weeks ago using some stuff I already had lying around. I used some Cath Kidston oilcloth swatches which I bought from their St Neots Factory store, but any oilcloth fabric would work. I quite simply cut the rectangular swatches into triangles by roughly slicing off the edges. I then used a normal paper hole punch to make holes in the top of the triangle. This worked really well as the holes cut out perfectly and evenly every time! I then simply threaded some…

View Post

I have a sewing machine but it’s a right hassle getting it out and setting it up, and threading the bloody bobbin every time. So if I can find a way to cheat my sewing needs then I will! I recently took a trip to Ikea and picked up a big plain white cushion with an attached cover. It was only £3, and I thought I would buy it and do myself a DIY project using some of the pretty fabrics I’ve gathered lately. I’ve a stack of Cath Kidston fabric samples that I’ve picked up from their St Neots…

View Post