DIY Post: No Sewing Required Pretty Bunting ♥

So here’s my latest DIY post for you. I made this little string of bunting a few weeks ago using some stuff I already had lying around. I used some Cath Kidston oilcloth swatches which I bought from their St Neots Factory store, but any oilcloth fabric would work.

I quite simply cut the rectangular swatches into triangles by roughly slicing off the edges. I then used a normal paper hole punch to make holes in the top of the triangle. This worked really well as the holes cut out perfectly and evenly every time! I then simply threaded some twine through the holes of the oilcloth, and threaded them all on to make a nice long line of bunting! This is now hanging up on my bedroom wall 🙂

The great thing about oilcloth is that it’s hard wearing and it doesn’t fray. So you don’t need to use a sewing machine to sew up edges, or to create the holes. The oilcloth cuts perfectly and doesn’t leave any loose threads or fraying. I thought making some bunting was a great solution to use up all my random oilcloth swatches!

What do you think?

DIY Post: No Sewing Required Pretty Bunting ♥

1. July 2, 2013 / 6:27 pm

this looks so great! It's really pretty and sounds easy to do! I've been looking for some bunting for my room for a while, but never quite liked the designs on the ones I found, now I can make my own with my choice of fabric! Thanks for doing this DIY!!
    Eleanor x

2. July 2, 2013 / 7:54 pm

This is really cute!

3. July 2, 2013 / 8:13 pm

This is adorable and you make it look so easy! Completes the vintage shabby chic feel of a room for sure! Definitely want to give this a go. Thanks for sharing 🙂

Melissa x

4. July 2, 2013 / 8:26 pm

Hi Victoria, just found your blog on bloglovin, great idea, I'm just making some bunting, but the old fashioned way, fabric and lots of sewing, this is a much simpler way of getting the same result!

5. July 2, 2013 / 8:29 pm

This looks great and so easy, I think I'm gonna have to get me some oilcloth! x

6. July 3, 2013 / 10:56 am

This is so lovely! 🙂
    I was going to sew myself some but this look so much easier!

floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk

7. July 3, 2013 / 4:21 pm

Love it! Im a new a blogger and just made a post on Room Ideas. Would appreciate it if you could check it out!

bohorush.blogspot.com