Pretty Pastel Bakeware from George at Asda ♥

I love doing a little bit hobby baking during my spare time.
And with the Great British Bake Off recently starting again on TV, last weekend
I was inspired to get my baking bits out and make some more cupcakes! I
recently received some lovely new baking goodies from the new range from George
at Asda to try out. They have some gorgeous new bits and pieces of homeware, in
lots of pretty colours and patterns to jazz up your home interiors.

The cupcake recipe I use is really simple.. it’s 250g of
self raising flour, caster sugar and butter, 4 eggs, and a bit of vanilla extract. This amount of
ingredients generally makes around 10 large muffin sized cupcakes. I made my
cupcake mix in this cute pastel pink stoneware measuring
jug. It’s quite heavyweight so it’s very sturdy and just the right size for
a cake mix. After mixing all of the ingredients together, I used the pretty
coloured set of four ceramic measuring
spoons to add a small amount of baking powder to the mix to help the cakes to rise.
I used some
pretty paper cupcake cases to bake the mix in the oven in the cream coloured ceramic
coated muffin
tray. I also received the cute pink silicone rolling
pin which will be great to use when I need to roll out fondant icing for
cake decorations. To keep the cupcakes fresh I put them in these stunning Katie
Alice floral
tins, which come as a set of two. They’re perfect for keeping biscuits and
cakes in, but I might use one in my bedroom too for my nik-naks!
To decorate the cupcakes I made some vanilla buttercream using 125g of salted butter and 250g of icing sugar, and some more vanilla extract. I then decided to add a little bit of pink gel colouring to the buttercream to get them this gorgeous girlie pink colour! I used an icing bag and large star shaped nozzle to pipe pretty roses onto the top of the cupcakes. Et voila! They went down a treat!

1. August 28, 2014 / 2:50 pm

Aww they're so sweet, I just love those tins too. Can you please tell me where you got the cake cases from? I just checked the Asda website but they don't sell them and I've been after some pretty cases for so long! 🙂
    Dani

2. August 28, 2014 / 2:54 pm

I am jealous of your baking kit! It's all so precious! Love it! x

3. August 28, 2014 / 3:15 pm

I love supermarket homeware and baking bits. Those tins are super cute.

Sophie x

4. August 28, 2014 / 4:34 pm

Everything is so pretty! Your icing is so well done too 🙂 I'd never really thought much of supermarket homeware until recently, but now there's so much to buy.
    Jennifer xx

5. August 28, 2014 / 6:19 pm

I love the new collection, I saw it online and couldn't get over how pretty and girly everything is. I just want to indulge and purchase everything. Those cakes look so good x

6. August 29, 2014 / 10:59 am

I have just discovered your blog and I am LOVE :D! I'm now going through all your posts, I love your writing and post style and hope my new blog turns out similar 🙂

christieslifestyle.blogspot.co.uk

7. August 29, 2014 / 8:28 pm

I was just looking at all this stuff in Asda the other day – think I might treat myself to a few bits!

8. August 30, 2014 / 9:51 am

Those cakes are absolutely amazing!!
    They're so gorgeous! How do you pipe that icing?
    -Lauren xoxo
    pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk

9. August 30, 2014 / 1:20 pm

I REALLY like that muffin tin! Can't believe all of these are from Asda!
    Catherine x | Brighton Girl

10. September 3, 2014 / 5:15 pm

Absolutely adorable! Very Cath Kidston but for a fraction of the price! 🙂 Please check out missstudentstyle.blogspot.co.uk i'm new to blogging 🙂 x