What I’ve Been Up To Lately: Fireworks, Wales & Jamies Italian ♥

So I thought I would do a little catch up post about what I’ve been up to lately! Now that I’m unfortunately unemployed, I have lots of spare time, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to visit my boyfriend Liam for a week! We met at uni in Birmingham, and when I graduated I moved back home to the East and he moved back to Wales. So he lives 100+ miles from me but it’s only two and a half hours on the train so not too bad. I still see him as much as possible! He lives in a lovely little town in Wales, which I love visiting because it’s full of lovely little shops, cafes and restaurants. It also has some amazing pubs which do the best food! We went out to eat a few times, but I have no photos as I wolfed the food down too quick to snap a photo! There’s also lots of nice scenery there, and nice places to walk, where I always like to go and say hello to the cows! Here are a few pics of my time there.

On one very rainy day we got the train into Cardiff to spend the day. Unfortunately the Christmas market wasn’t on yet, but we wandered around the city centre and browsed the gorgeous shops in the little arcades. We also visited Cardiff Castle, and St Davids shopping centre, which is probably my favourite place for high street shopping!
For lunch we went to Jamies Italian restaurant, as I had some vouchers to spend there from a previous visit which I complained about. We were pretty disappointed last time as the menu wasn’t very traditionally Italian in my opinion, and the food was very dull and bland. It was also terribly over priced! This time we weren’t expecting much, which is good because we still weren’t impressed. We ordered simple burgers this time because the pasta we had last time was tasteless. The burgers were certainly nothing special, but the meat plank we had as a starter was nice! But still for a burger each, two Cokes and a starter it came to almost £40. CRAZY!

Also a couple of weeks ago was Firework Night, so I went with my family,
including my little niece, to the big free firework display at Milton
Keynes. I always like going there because you don’t have to pay anything
and you can stand anywhere in the city to see it! It lasted more than
20 minutes too which I think is a good amount of time before I get too
bored! It was lots of fun wrapping up warm 🙂 My camera took some good
shots but I don’t want to bore you all with them, so here’s one!
And here’s a little montage of things I take photos of on my phone…
 1. All the post that awaited me on my return home | 2. Cath Kidston Shop | 3. Desserts in Selfridges | 4. Free mega hot choc from Dunelm because they were sorting out my giftcard! | 5. Party night | 6. A nice shop I passed | 7. My baby nephew 🙂 | 8. My kitty! | 9. Relaxing with a Skittles candle
Have you ever been to Jamies Italian?

What I’ve Been Up To Lately: Fireworks, Wales & Jamies Italian ♥

1. November 15, 2012 / 1:45 pm

Hey, Yeah I went to Jamies Italian in Norwich and I really loved it. Also, how much post! wow… were they all comp wins? or xmas presents youve ordered or?!

2. November 15, 2012 / 3:54 pm

I was going to go to Jamie's Italian for my 21st next week but after reading the reviews we decided against it. There was lots of people saying they were disappointed, had to wait ages and the food just wasn't that good. A shame really xx

3. November 15, 2012 / 3:58 pm

Hi, i been following your blog for a while and never commented before. What a collection of pretty pictures, sound like you had a fun time visiting your boyfriend. I heard some really bad report of Jamie's Italian, i will defo take your advice and not eat there.

4. November 15, 2012 / 4:05 pm

LOL ..that burger looks amazing ..and I'm hungry. I love little gift shops like you mention.

Jackie @ Minerva Collection UK Handbags&Jewellery

5. November 15, 2012 / 4:40 pm

You guys are cute, i'm glad you managed to keep your relationship going, where he lives sounds perfect 🙂

Sophierosehearts x

6. November 15, 2012 / 5:33 pm

how do you have so much post?! so jelly! x

7. November 15, 2012 / 7:01 pm

Wow, that food looks amazing (and obviously it was served on a chopping board!) xx

8. November 15, 2012 / 8:16 pm

I've been to Jamie's Italian twice once in Brighton and once in Kingston and the food was pretty good but not worth the money. The starters are amazing though!
    What was in all those parcels? x

9. November 15, 2012 / 8:56 pm

I've been to jamie's once, because alot of people i know raved about it. Honestly it's no better than prezzo or zizzi, except the vague connection to jamie oliver and the ridiculous prices. I think it's rubbish!

10. November 15, 2012 / 10:19 pm

Where in Wales does your partner live? It looks like a lovely little town I'd love to visit. St David's and the arcades are pretty awesome 🙂 xx

11. November 16, 2012 / 3:17 am

How cute!! Lovely photos! I did the distance thing for a while too, it can be hard but so worth it! 🙂

12. November 16, 2012 / 3:52 am

I've been to Jamie's Italian in Reading and the whole meal was lovely there. Your bfs town sounds really lovely, and your cat is gorgeous!

13. November 18, 2012 / 10:11 pm

I went to the fireworks, they were really good but then they are every year, i was not my camera died just before going