I’m a Milton Keynes blogger that was born in Milton Keynes, and currently lives and works in the city. Milton Keynes (locally abbreviated to MK) is a large town in Buckinghamshire and is known to be slightly unusual, which is why I love it!
It’s a ‘new town’ which was only established in 1967 when housing was congested in London. Therefore MK was built and it was designed to house more than 250,000 people. Milton Keynes is 45 miles from London, which is only about 35 minutes away on the train, making it the ideal place to live away from the hustle and bustle of the capital, whilst still easy to commute.
Things that make Milton Keynes special include the vast amount of green space, grid roads, and plenty of jobs. Although Milton Keynes appears to be a busy ‘concrete’ town, it boasts over 5,000 acres of parkland, rivers, lakes and woodland including over 22 million trees. We also have a fantastic grid road system, and an abundance of brilliant career opportunities, with some of the UK’s biggest companies basing their Head Office in MK.
Weird facts about Milton Keynes…
- Did you know the Cliff Richard song Wired for Sound (where Cliff is on roller skates) was filmed in The Centre:MK?
- Parts of the 1986 film Superman IV were shot in MK including the Avebury Building (Argos HQ) and Milton Keynes Central station.
- Conspiracy theorists claim Milton Keynes is at the centre of the secretive Illuminati society.
Milton Keynes Blogger
As a Milton Keynes blogger, I often write about my hometown of MK, including hotel, restaurant, salon, and attraction reviews. I enjoy writing about the things to do and places to eat and drink, plus MK is also the home of one of the largest shopping centres in the UK, so I often post about my shopping hauls too!
Find out more about why I love Milton Keynes!
Milton Keynes Blog Posts
- Pasha Turkish Kitchen, Milton Keynes
- Why I Love Milton Keynes
- Review: Afternoon Tea at Marco Pierre White, Milton Keynes
- Introducing Smartbond at Regis Salons
- Springing into Fashion with MK1 Shopping Park
- Review: Jamie’s Italian Restaurant
- Review: Dinner at Revolucion De Cuba
- Summer Waves with Rush Salon & ghd Air
- My First Hairdresser Experience: Balayage with Lifestyle Salons
- Review: Ship Ashore Pub, Willen
- Review: Browns Brasserie and Bar
Are you looking for a Milton Keynes Blogger?
If you’re a local business and you’d be interested in a Milton Keynes blogger reviewing your company, then please do feel free to get in touch. I’m a very PR friendly blogger, and although I am based in Milton Keynes, I am also happy to travel further afield, including Bedford, Birmingham and London.