Afternoon Tea at the Crooked House in Windsor ♥

*I’m away in the Lakes right now, but here’s a scheduled post*

My best friend Leonie kindly bought me an afternoon tea voucher for my birthday (which was in July) and we finally got found to using it at the weekend! We picked to go to the Crooked House in Windsor, as it looked so charming and unique! It is a quintessential English tea room, in a little crooked timber-framed building. It’s actually leaning over! Very interesting. It was on the main high street in the heart of the town, and we also wanted to browse around a nice place so Windsor seemed a perfect location for our day out.

The afternoon tea was probably one of the best ones I’ve had! It was pretty perfect. It was in a gorgeous location and the service and menu was wonderful. We got to choose 3 sandwich flavours between us, a tea, and a cake. We chose cheese, tuna, and salmon sandwiches. Leonie had Earl Grey tea, and I had a Coke as I don’t drink tea! We also both chose a massive chunk of carrot cake each too! It was delicious! We also got two scones each as well as fresh clotted cream and strawberry jam. It was a really lovely place and we had a great time in there.
The town is also gorgeous, but a little smaller than I imagined! However, the castle is amazing and huge! I didn’t get to go and look around inside, but admired it from outside the walls. We browsed around the shops, including Cath Kidston and an American candy shop! I bought some Wonka Nerds.. yum! My parents drove us down there so it was a really nice relaxing day, and the weather was even good! I wore my lovely tapestry dress from Dahlia again, love this dress!

Dress: Dahlia | Belt: Primark | Coat: TK Maxx | Boots: Primark

Have you been to Windsor before? Where’s your favourite afternoon tea?

1. October 16, 2012 / 1:17 pm

This looks like such a lovely tea and what a cute little house!
    I have only been to Windsor when off to Legoland, so not really the same as we didn't get to see much of the town.

2. October 16, 2012 / 5:17 pm

That afternoon tea looks so tasty! I live near Windsor but don't visit often enough! I'll certainly be popping into the Crooked House next time I'm there!
    Catherine from Isobelle's Pantry x

3. October 16, 2012 / 5:43 pm

Looks lovely and I love your outfit.

By the way I have mentioned you on my blog xx

4. October 16, 2012 / 7:12 pm

This looks like such a lovely idea! Also your darker hair is so stunning 🙂

x x x

5. October 16, 2012 / 7:29 pm

This post contains so many things I love! American Candy- hell-o. I have always wanted to try afternoon tea someplace, where you visited looks adorable. Also, yourself and your friend's hair is to die for, love the waves.
    Glad I found your blog via the fbl fb group, going to explore more now 🙂

6. October 16, 2012 / 8:01 pm

Such lovely pictures! The afternoon tea looks divine, something so tempting although I've never had it myself but vowing to do so next year. Found your blog through Lisa Jane at The Brunette Diaries x

7. October 16, 2012 / 9:39 pm

I live just outside Windsor and i love it, i've driven past that place but never been in, i definitely should 🙂

Sophierosehearts x

8. October 17, 2012 / 4:04 am

So lovely!!

9. October 17, 2012 / 12:02 pm

Lovely images! You guys look great and let's not talk about those mouthwatering sweets! Thanks for sharing. 🙂

10. October 17, 2012 / 12:58 pm

Wow this looks amazing! I love cutesy little tea rooms this one looks lovely. I'd love to go and visit Windsor, but it's a long way from me, maybe in the future :). Absolutely love that Tapestry dress too.
    E

11. October 20, 2012 / 7:50 am

Looks like you had a lovely day. The crooked house looks so cute. I've never been to Windsor but I want to go now!!

12. October 20, 2012 / 8:26 pm

Thank you for all the ocmments. Windsor is lovely, such a pretty place! xx